Last updated on April 20th, 2018 at 12:33 pm
Mothers-to-be, do you know that you are covered for some Pregnancy Complications in your Integrated Shield Plan (IP) which you have paid diligently over the years?
Readers who are father-to-be, this coverage may help you what risks are covered and how to reduce risk of significant cash outlay in the event your wife has pregnancy complications during labour.
From my grapevine sources, the pregnancy complications coverage in the integrated shield plan is far and a few.
But what exactly is covered? I can’t seem to find any comparisons on the internet, so I took it upon myself to do the heavy lifting!
But before that, a few important things to note
- Medishield Life does not cover for pregnancy complications. If you did not upgrade with an IP, you should be concerned.
- There is a waiting period of 10 months for your integrated plan before you can claim for pregnancy complications. That means if you upgrade while you are already pregnant, you WILL NOT be able to claim.
Top in the race for the “Number of pregnancy complications covered” :
Great Eastern Supreme Health P Plus has the highest number of 13 in their IP plan.
NTUC Enhanced Incomeshield Preferred is the first runner up with 11 in their IP plan.
What we realise:
If you are on the AVIVA, AIA, PRU or AXA IP plan, you should really consider taking up maternity coverage.
The coverage list is thin. I’ve seen before a case of “abrupt placentae” and her baby was born pre-term with that complication.
Even if you are on NTUC and GE, a maternity insurance coverage extends your coverage and provides you more benefits.
No time and energy to consider fully on the insurance and financial needs with a newborn?
We can save you time with our experience and expertise. What will be covered:
- Pregnancy insurance can save you cost.
- What insurance you need when baby arrives with personal tips.
- New life insurance planning needs you have now as a parent
We do not sell you expensive investment-linked plans (ILP) that you get at roadshows
Independent advice NOT sales to give you the peace of mind
Planning fees (U.P $80) WAIVED with #PFW code!
Click on Whatsapp below now. NO hidden cost
Wait, there is more you can get from us in the long term!
- Optimising your existing insurance coverage especially with a newborn. You may check up on all our insurance analysis to understand our expertise.
- Mortgage advise and how you can prepare yourself to own multiple properties (Optional and for existing clients only)
- Advice on building dividend income (Optional and for existing clients only)
If we are a good fit (Click here to read more on our belief ) and we can be of help to you, contact us below today.
You may read our wildly popular comparison blog on standalone maternity insurance